- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
On Bass: Low-End Life Hacks, Part 3 – Premier Guitar
By placing a thumb rest above the 4th string at the same distance as a string space, it can function more as a finger stop to aid in speed and consistency for two-finger alternation. It’s that time of year again—when I find myself back in my bass-man cave for extended hours of practicing and general overthinking about all things bass related. It’s also time to work on new concepts and dig deeper into the aspects of playing that I’ve always struggled with to some degree. When doing so, I either discover new low-end life hacks or employ some old ones. Speed and consistency on your lowest string. My bass collection is about 70 percent 5-string basses. Once I got used to playing a 5-string, something often just felt, well, missing when I switched back to a 4-string. With that said, I’ve found myself playing 4-string more frequently over the past few years—notably at different tribute events, where a lot of the songs were originally performed on 4-string. I recently had to learn a s...
Comments
Post a Comment